YSU accepts transfer students –who meet the following criteria (1) have a good standing with their original institution and (2) they meet admission standards. The credit transfer program will be approved and run if the following requirements are fulfilled:
- the course is undertaken at an institution accredited by the Ministry of Education;
- the course content is equivalent to that of the applicant’s course of choice as specified in the university’s curriculum;
- the passing grade of the destination-department is not higher than that of the origin-department;
- the applicant has undertaken a minimum of 40 credits with a minimum GPA of 2.75; and
- the applicant’s lowest grade must be no lower than C (satisfactory).
To ensure proper processing of applications, each candidate is required to submit an official transcript from their previous university or college to the Office of the University Registrar. A maximum of 20 credits can be transferred.